the best flapjack recipe
This is the best fluffy buttermilk flapjack recipe there is out there! Best part is that these are ready in 30 minutes. These flapjacks are fluffy, light and delicious pancakes are perfect for sweet breakfasts or just a sweet craving. You will love these.
what to add to your flapjack batter to take them to the next level
- Add fresh blueberries, adding these berries will give your flapjack an added bit of freshness and colour. If you have frozen blueberries that can work too, just make sure you fully thaw and drain them of any extra water.
- Add chocolate chips, adding chocolate chips will make the pancakes EXTRA indulgent. (adding sweetened chocolate to your recipe could make the pancakes way to sweet so make sure you reduce the sugar amount when adding chocolate.
some good fluffy flapjack toppings
- honey butter, on cold rainy and cloudy days honey butter is my go too. There’s just something about melting butter on hot scotch pancakes. You can make the honey butter by mixing 1 tablespoon of butter in 1 teaspoon of honey. Use this as a spread for your pancakes.
- Ice-cream, on hot days vanilla ice cream is my go to. Just place two scoops of ice-cream per pancake and you should be good.
what to do when your pancakes start to burn
- Check if your pans too hot (burns the pancake before it even cooks through), then reduce the heat.
- Check to see if your pan has enough oil. if not then add a little bit more oil to the pan, enough for it to cook without sticking.
try our other recipes.
This is an easy step-by-step guide to making the best Mexican churros. This easy simple churros recipe is delicious and makes indulgent fried dessert.
These old fashioned chocolate chip cookies are super chewy and full of decadent chocolate goodness. It has a crisp outer edge with a chewy center.
SimplenTasty.com© Made with love