the Best easy baked pasta
This is the best easy baked pasta you will ever eat. It is baked in a delicious tomato sauce and topped with cheese for the ultimate taste.
Nicole, what are the benefits of baked pasta?
- Enhanced flavour, we all know that baking anything enhances the flavour. This is because baked goods usually cook in controlled temperatures which allows the food to cook evenly and perfectly.
- Convenience, baked pasta is so convenient because it can be made ahead of time and it is a perfect make-ahead meal for busy people.
Does this mean that I need to cook the pasta before baking it?
- Yes, you need to bake the pasta until it is al dante because cooking your pasta from scratch in the oven will take way too long.
Can I add extra cheese?
ofcourse you can, you can add as much cheese as you would like. The recipe is just a guide line.
easy baked tomato pasta recipe
for the pasta:
- 1 & 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of oil
- 500ml boiling water
- 375 grams macaroni pasta
- 1 cup shredded chedder cheese
for the sauce:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 chopped large white onion
- 3 crushed tomatoes ( pulsed in a food processor)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of ground paprika
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of crushed chilli
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius on bake and grill.
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, place your boiling water, salt and oil in the pot . Allow it to start boiling then place your pasta inside the boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is al dante. (just done). Remove all the access water from the pasta and set aside.
- Heat your oil in a medium-sized pan and place your bay leaves and chopped onions to the pan. Fry the onions for 2 minutes then add your garlic,curry powder,ground paprika, mixed herb and crushed chilli to the pan. Stir well.
- Add your crushed tomatoes, honey, tomato sauce and vinegar to the pan and stir well. Allow your tomato sauce to simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring continuously until the tomatoes are cooked. Set aside.
- Add the tomato seasoning to the drained pasta and mix well. Add half of the shredded pasta into the pot and mix well.
- In a medium-sized baking bowl, place your macaroni inside and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy while hot.
~try our trending recipe~
These are the BEST easy cinnamon rolls EVER. Soft, delicate, sweet, big and just SO delicious! You will love these. The recipe is so easy to follow and yields amazing rolls. You will definitely be crowned chef after making these. The best part is that we use CONDENSED MILK instead of a cream cheese frosting.