creamy pasta salad recipe
If you’re looking for a recipe on how to make the most delicious pasta salad with mayo, you’ve come to the right place. This creamy pasta salad recipe is sure to satisfy your craving. Featuring fusilli pasta and a medley of colourfully refreshing veggies, this fusilli pasta salad with mayo is not only tasty but also visually appealing. Follow this recipe to create an unforgettable creamy pasta salad recipe that will leave everyone wanting more.
How to make pasta salad with mayo
To begin, prepare your pasta following the instructions provided on the packaging. It is crucial not to overcook the pasta and ensure it is cooked to the point of being al dente. After cooking, drain the pasta and rinse it with cold water to decrease the starch content and prevent it from sticking together. Once the excess water is drained, refrigerate the pasta. It is essential to follow these precise instructions to achieve optimal results.
To get your veggies ready, make sure to wash and chop them into small, bite-sized pieces. You’ll need cucumber, red pepper, tomatoes, onion, and yellow pepper for this. If you like, you can also include cubed cheddar cheese, shredded chicken or chopped ham to your salad.
After you have finished preparing and chopping your vegetables, set them aside and move on to making the sauce. To create the mayo sauce, you will require high-quality mayo along with ground pepper, paprika, mixed herbs, and garlic powder. Combine these ingredients thoroughly and keep the sauce aside for later use.
To make this pasta salad with mayo, combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and thoroughly mix until they are fully incorporated. Ensure that no element is left out during the process for optimal results.
creamy pasta salad recipe
- sharp knife
- large bowl
- medium post
- a mixing spoon
for the pasta
- 700 grams cooked fusilli pasta make sure it is cooked in salted water that has oil
- 1½ litres boiled water
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp table salt
for the vegetables
- 1 large finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 a whole yellow pepper chopped
- 1/2 a whole red pepper chopped
- 200 grams peeled and chopped cucumber this is roughly half a cucumber
- 2 whole chopped tomatoes under ripe
optional but recommended ingredients
- 130 grams ham chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 100 grams chedder cheese
- 1 ½ cup cold mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp dried mixed herb
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- make your pasta by adding your salt,oil and boiling water into a pot and place it on high heat. Once your water starts to boil add your pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes or until it is al dente and done.
- Once your pasta is cooked drain all the water and place it in the refridgerator.
- Chop your onion, peppers, tomatoes and cucumber and set aside into a medium sized dish. Lightly season your veggies with salt and pepper.
- Make your mayo sauce by adding your ground pepper, paprika, mixed herb, mayo ,and garlic powder into a medium sized bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- In a large serving bowl stir in your mayo sauce, cold pasta, chopped cheese, ham ,and vegetables. Mix well until everything is combined.
- refrigerate for 1 and a ½ hours. Enjoy
What are the five mistakes to avoid pasta salad?
- Overcooking the pasta: One of the most common mistakes when making pasta salad is overcooking the pasta. Overcooked pasta will become mushy and lose its shape, making it difficult to handle and unappetizing. Always cook your pasta according to the package instructions and be sure to check it a few minutes before the recommended cooking time to ensure it cooked al dente (cooked but still firm).
- Not rinsing the pasta: Once you’ve cooked the pasta, be sure to rinse it under cold running water to stop the cooking process and cool it down. Rinsing also removes excess starch from the pasta, which can make it clump together and become sticky.
- Using too much dressing: While dressing is an important component of pasta salad, using too much can make it soggy and overpowering. Start with a small amount of dressing and add more gradually, tossing the salad between additions until you achieve the desired level of coating.
- Not adding enough flavour: Pasta salad can be bland if you don’t add enough flavour. Be sure to include plenty of fresh herbs, spices, and other seasonings to give your salad a burst of flavour. You can also add ingredients like olives, roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, or artichokes for extra flavour and texture.
- Not chilling the salad: Pasta salad is best served chilled, so be sure to refrigerate it for at least an hour before serving. This not only makes it more refreshing on a hot day but also allows the flavours to meld together and develop.
Should I rinse pasta in cold water for pasta salad?
Yes, it is a good idea to rinse the pasta in cold water after cooking for pasta salad. Rinsing the pasta in cold water stops the cooking process and cools down the pasta, making it easier to handle and preventing it from becoming mushy. It also helps to remove excess starch from the pasta, which can make it clump together. However, be sure to drain the pasta thoroughly before adding it to the other salad ingredients, as excess water can dilute the dressing and make the salad watery.
Is it better to make pasta salad the night before?
Yes, making pasta salad the night before is a good idea, as it allows the flavours to meld together and develop more fully. This can result in a tastier and more cohesive salad. Additionally, preparing the salad in advance can save time and effort on the day of the event or meal. However, be sure to store the pasta salad properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and only add any delicate ingredients like fresh herbs or avocado right before serving to prevent them from getting soggy or discoloured.
How do you keep pasta salad from getting soggy?
To keep pasta salad from getting soggy, there are a few things you can do:
- Rinse the pasta in cold water after cooking to remove excess starch and drain it thoroughly before adding it to the salad.
- Use sturdy pasta shapes that hold up well in the salad, like fusilli, farfalle, or penne.
- Use a minimal amount of dressing, just enough to lightly coat the ingredients. You can always add more dressing right before serving if needed.
- Store the pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and only add any delicate ingredients like fresh herbs or avocado right before serving.
- If you’re serving the pasta salad outdoors in warm weather, keep it in a cooler or shaded area to prevent it from getting too warm and soggy.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your pasta salad stays fresh, flavourful, and not soggy.
Welcome to my slice of heaven, a place designed for YOU to grow confidence in making delicious food.
perfect maple syrup coffee recipe with cinnamon
This pure maple syrup coffee recipe is delicious and can be whipped in a matter of minutes without the need for an espresso machine or traditional milk frother
hot oatmilk honey latte recipe with cinnamon
This hot oatmilk honey latte recipe with cinnamon is a delicious and easy recipe that you can make at home, and it tastes exactly like one made in a coffee shop
oat milk cold brew coffee recipe (iced honey latte)
iced coconut milk mocha macchiato recipe (Starbucks copycat)
iced oat milk coffee recipe (the best oat milk latte)
Indulge in a delicious treat with our oat milk coffee recipe that’s perfect for all the iced coffee lovers out there. This creamy iced oat milk latte is absolutely delicious.
first watch kale tonic recipe (4 minute healthy green juice)
tin fish pasta bake
This tin fish pasta bake is a delicious tomato-infused cheese stretching macaroni goodness. You will love this easy pilchard pasta bake recipe.
Easy Wors Stew Recipe South Africa
This easy wors stew recipe teaches you how to make a delicious boerewors stew that is perfectly paired with pap and chakalaka. This south African delicacy is made by wors that has been basted in a flavour packed tomato gravy.
creamed spinach recipe south africa
This South African creamy spinach recipe is a delicious steakhouse-style side dish that fits perfectly as a creamy side dish to your main meal.
three bean salad recipe South Africa
This three bean salad recipe is sweet and fits perfectly into your Sunday kos meal. The sweet chutney used in this salad makes the difference, making a delicious three bean salad with carrots.
Submit a Comment
Super creamy and delicious indeed