fried chicken wings recipe
If you love fried chicken wings then you will love this tender and flavour-packed crispy fried chicken recipe.
I made this recipe for all the chicken wing lovers who want zinger wings but homemade. These hot, herby, and crispy wings will satisfy that hole that only spicy crispy wings can satisfy.
how to prepare a chicken wing for frying:
Unlikethe baked chicken wing recipe,we need to split the chicken wing into three pieces: the drumette, wingette and the tip. This is done to quicken the frying process of wings. For this specific recipe, we have discarded the tip
the purpose of buttermilk marinate in fried chicken wings:
Buttermilk is known as a mandatory ingredient for chicken wings. The reason for all this is because buttermilk tenderizes the chicken flesh which makes it harder to overcook this is all due to the acidic nature of buttermilk.
tips that could help with making fried chicken wings:
- Make sure to shake off all the excess coating when going through the process of coating your chicken with seasoning. This ensures that your coating is not too thick and it also aids in thoroughly cooking your chicken.
- Make sure to use the correct oil at the correct temperature. For this specific recipe, I used sunflower oil on medium-high heat. Canola oil will do but never deep- fry your chicken wings in olive oil. A good way to test your oil temperature is to fry one tester wing. If it burns reduce the heat, if the chicken wing is not cooking through then increase the heat.
- Always drain your chicken wings with kitchen paper. This drains all the excess oil that is achieved by deep-frying chicken.
crispy fried chicken recipe
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 1 stalk rosemary
- 1½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 10 chicken wings fully defrosted
- 2 tsp crushed chilli
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 3 tsp salt
- 250 grams all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
to prepare the chicken wings :
- Cut each chicken wing into three pieces and discard all the tips.
- Place your buttermilk, rosemary, salt and crushed garlic into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add your chicken pieces to your brine and allow your chicken to marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
making the coat
- In a small bowl combine your eggs and whisk. Then set aside.
- In a large wide bowl, combine your flour, crushed chilli, salt, ground pepper, crushed rosemary, garlic powder and crushed chilli. Mix well and set aside.
how to fry the chicken wings
- Preheat a small deep pan with canola oil that is enough for frying on medium high heat.
- Start off by removing the excess buttermilk mixture from the marinate then dip your chicken wings into the flour mixture then the egg mixture then flour again.
- Once your oil is hot, add about 5 wings in one go and cook for about 5 minutes or until your chicken wings are golden brown and crisp on the outside. Place your fried chicken wings onto kitchen paper to drain all the excess oil.
- Do this for the rest of the wings and enjoy.
Welcome to my slice of heaven, a place designed for YOU to grow confidence in making delicious food.
Ready to try this mouthwatering lemon coconut cake recipe? Gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let us get baking! Your friends and family will be delighted by this refreshing treat. Share your baking adventures with us in the comments below
An apple turnover is a delightful pastry that offers a heavenly blend of flavors. Imagine biting into a flaky, golden crust that crumbles with each bite, revealing a warm and tangy apple filling. The mix of sweet and tart notes will dance on your taste buds, providing a comforting and satisfying experience. It’s like a cozy autumn evening in a single dessert.
Indulge in Cafe-Quality Mocha Macchiato: A Must-Try Recipe for Coffee Shop Lovers
This pure maple syrup coffee recipe is delicious and can be whipped in a matter of minutes without the need for an espresso machine or traditional milk frother