If you are looking for an excellent protein-filled healthy breakfast that you can have on-the-go then this mini quiche recipe is the only recipe you need.
So I’m sure we all tend to have very busy mornings where we often don’t have the time to make a full on English or Country breakfast, and where the idea of breakfast quickly turns into a good morning cup of coffee.
Well, I’m glad to say that this easy mini quiche recipe is a perfect on-the-go breakfast that is filled with almost everything you would ideally want in a full breakfast from mushroom to peppers and of course EGGS.
Quiche can be consumed in a car whilst sitting in traffic, as a lunchbox meal or as a ‘before workout’ meal.
How to make mini quiche with puff pastry?
A few tips that could help with making the perfect mini quiche with puff pastry:
- Always always work with fully defrosted pastry. Working with a pastry that isn’t fully defrosted could result in pastry tearing when working with it.
- Make sure to carefully butter your cupcake holder, nobody wants their quiche to stick and leave some parts on the cupcake tray. So to avoid all this, carefully butter your tray focusing on the corners and edges.
how to store cooked quiche cakes?
- After baking your quiche, allow it to fully cool down until it iat room temperature.
- Store your quiche in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. Consume within 3 days.
- When it comes to reheating your mini pies, you can heat it normally for 30 seconds- 1 minute in your microwave on high.
mini quiche recipe
- 6 button mushrooms chopped finely
- 1 white onion chopped finely
- ½ yellow pepper finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 70 grams cheeder cheese grated
- ⅓ cup full fat milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp mixed herb
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried sweet basil
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 400 grams short crust pastry fully defrosted
- If you have not, remove your shortcrust pastry and set it in a sunny spot to allow it to fully defrost
- In a small ramekin, combine all your spices, including your baking powder, and stir well.
- On medium heat, heat your pan along with your vegetable oil. Once your oil is hot, add your finely chopped onion, yellow pepper and mushrooms. Stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Whilst continuously stirring your vegetables, add your spices to them then mix well.
- Set your vegetables aside.
- Preheat your oven for 180 degrees Celsius on bake.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack your eggs into it. Add milk and the grated cheese to the bowl and whisk well. Set your egg mixture aside.
- Grease your cupcake pan with butter, make sure you do this part carefully for this will prevent your quiche from burning.
- Roll out your store-bought pastry and cut it into equal square parts. Make sure that the squares are big enough to fit into the cupcake holder.
- Place each piece of pastry into each cupcake hole, make sure to use two fingers to push the pastry down into the edges.
- Once this is done, add a tablespoon of filling into each quiche. Then add your egg mixture into each mini quiche. Make sure you do not fill the egg mixture to the top of the cupcake holder, this will prevent your quiche from spilling and burning.
- Use your fork to gently mix the filling, then bake your quiche for 25 -35 minutes.
- Remove your quiche from the oven and enjoy.
try our other recipes
This is the best beginner friendly recipe that bursts with herby and creamy tomato flavours. It is easy to make and only requires 35 minutes of your time. It is perfect for all your easy weekday meals.
This is a step-by-step guide that will teach you how to make the best, easy and moist banana bread out there.