South African potato bake recipe
This is a delicious South African potato bake recipe that is made with South Africa’s most trusted brand Knorr. This cheesy potato bake is super easy to make which makes it the perfect easy dinner meal.
For all the potato lovers out there, this is the recipe for you. This recipe is full of cheese, a good thick mushroom sauce and of course, potatoes! A secret ingredient that worth mentioning is the Knorr Cream of mushroom soup, this honestly takes the cup when it comes to powdered soups. This soup is the base of the sauce used to make this creamy potato bake recipe.
ingredients needed to make a cheesy potato bake
for this recipe use white Irish potatoes that are washed and peeled.
This ingredient adds to the creaminess of the sauce as well as the potatoes.
Everybody loves cheese, therefore this recipe calls for it.
knorr cream of mushroom
The second most important ingredient after potatoes. This ingredient is the sauce base.
Butter adds to the creaminess of the overall baked potatoes. In case you didn’t know, butter and potatoes go well together the same were peanut butter and jam does, so yes, this is a vital ingredient.
South African potato bake recipe
- 6 Irish potatoes peeled and washed
- 30 grams butter 2 tablespoons
- 1 white onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp spice for rice
- 2 tsp dried mixed herb
- 1 packet Knorr cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups milk
- 70 grams grated cheddar cheese
- Chop your potatoes on the short side into small slices then place them into a pot with salted water and allow the to boil in there until the potatoes are cooked.
- Drain all the excess water from the potatoes and set them aside.
- Preheat your oven to bake and grill on 220 degrees celsius.
- Chop your onions the way you like them and set them aside.
- In a pan on medium heat, place your butter and allow it to melt. Once that has happened, place your chopped onions and fry until the onions start to brown.
- Once your onions brown, add in the mixed herb, paprika and spice for rice. Stir well.
- Now remove your pan from the heat and place your Knorr cream of mushroom soup inside and mix.
- Once everything is well combined, place your pan back onto the heat and add your milk.
- Stir well until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove your sauce from the heat.
- Now in a small glass baking tray, layer your potato bake by placing sauce on the bottom, then equally distribute the potates and then top with cheese. Continue doing this and make sure the top layer is covered with sauce and cheese.
- Once the layering is done, place your tray into the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the glass baking tray from the oven after the 20 minutes and enjoy
Welcome to my slice of heaven, a place designed for YOU to grow confidence in making delicious food.
This is the best fluffy buttermilk flapjack recipe there is out there! Best part is that these are ready in 30 minutes. These flapjacks are fluffy, light and delicious pancakes are perfect for sweet breakfasts or just a sweet craving. You will love these.
This is a South African soft inkomazi scone recipe that is delicious and makes soft amasi dikuku. Perfect for when you feel like making a comforting treat that reminds you of home. You will love this amasi scone recipe, it is super easy to follow and requires ingredients like flour, eggs and amasi which are ingredients that are common in many South African homes.
This is the best pannekoek recipe that is easy to make and absolutely delicious. It comes with a delicious cinnamon sugar dressing that makes it an indulgent treat
This easy vetkoek recipe is the best magwinya recipe out there. It produces vetkoek that are soft on the inside and crispy on the out. This South African favorite is the ultimate comfort food for cold and cloudy days.
This is the most tender, moist and fluffy lemon poppy seed sweet rolls recipe. It is filled with rich ingredients like butter, buttercream and eggs to give it the perfect texture of a moist and sweet roll with lemon curd.