three bean salad recipe South Africa
What is three bean salad made of?
Canned butter beans: always strain the excess liquid before placing them into your pan.
Butter beans are a good source of potassium and magnesium which are excellent for overall health.
Canned sugar beans in tomato sauce: this one is a personal favourite. These canned baked beans add a delicious sweetness to the salad but not only does it add flavour but are an excellent source of fibre and protein.
fresh green beans: this vegetable adds that necessary crunch to your salad.
Does the three bean salad need to be refrigerated?
Yes, the three bean salad is a cooked salad that then finishes off in the refrigerator. It is best served cold as a side to a main meal. This is why it is served as a Sunday kos side along with the other seven colours Sunday side dishes such as chakalaka.
How long will 3 bean salad keep in the refrigerator?
This three bean salad lasts for about three days in the refrigerator, provided that it is stored in an air-tight container.
On that note, What pairs well with a bean salad?
Chakalaka recipe for braai:
Chakalaka is a South African gift from heaven, it is a spicy, aromatic dish that pairs so well with braaied meat and pap. This traditional chakalaka recipe for braai is super easy to make and tastes delicious. This recipe uses the trusted Koo baked beans which guarantees a delicious flavour profile
Three bean salad recipe South Africa
- 1 can bake beans in tomato sauce
- 1 can butter beans drained
- 1 handful fresh green beans chopped
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 white onion sliced
- ⅛ cup canola oil any vegetable oil will do
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp mixed herb
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ⅛ cup and a tablepsoon fruit chutney ( preferably Mrs Balls fruit chutney)
- In a non-stick pan, heat the canola oil on medium heat. Once the oil has heated place the sliced onion and fry for about 2 minutes or until the onions turn golden brown.
- Place the carrots as well as the chopped green beans into the pan with the fried onions, and stir continuously for 5 minutes or until the green beans are slightly softened.
- Add the crushed garlic, paprika, mixed herb and medium curry powder into your fried vegetables and stir well.
- Add the canned baked beans in tomato sauce to the seasoned vegetables and stir well.
- Add the tomato sauce and fruit chutney into the pan and stir well.
- Lastly, add the drained butter beans to the pan and stir well.
- Place the salad into a serving dish and refrigerate for an hour or until you it is cool enough to be served.
- Enjoy as a side to your seven colour Sunday meal or even a side to your braai.
Welcome to my slice of heaven, a place designed for YOU to grow confidence in making delicious food.
Coconut rice is a versatile dish that pairs well with various main courses. Creamy coconut milk and fragrant jasmine rice combine to create a satisfying flavor.
This pure maple syrup coffee recipe is delicious and can be whipped in a matter of minutes without the need for an espresso machine or traditional milk frother
This hot oatmilk honey latte recipe with cinnamon is a delicious and easy recipe that you can make at home, and it tastes exactly like one made in a coffee shop
Indulge in a delicious treat with our oat milk coffee recipe that’s perfect for all the iced coffee lovers out there. This creamy iced oat milk latte is absolutely delicious.