mini peppermint crisp tart recipe
This 4-ingredient peppermint crisp tart teaches you how to make mini peppermint crisp tarts that are perfect for any occasion. This step-by-step peppermint crisp tart recipe is
super sumptuous and packed with goodness. You will love this South African favourite!
Peppermint crisp tart is usually made in a large dessert dish and then served in portions on a plate. However, I decided to make mini peppermint crisp tarts due to its convenience when it comes to serving. Preparing your peppermint crisp tart in a small ramekin makes it easier to prepare, serve and serve.
ingredients needed to make mini peppermint crisp tarts
Adding fresh cream as a topping to almost every dessert elevates the taste by a whole lot. Therefore, we have used fresh cream for this dessert to make it creamy, light, and delicious. The cream balances the sweetness of the caramel treat.
This is a very important ingredient. It is basically the ingredient that makes this peppermint crisp tart and not just a normal fridge tart. The caramel treat is a sweet thick caramel treat that is just so delicious.
This is the cherry on top of this recipe. It is just an important ingredient in the recipe. I must say, Peppermint crisp chocolate + caramel flavours = a match made in heaven. The flavours were just meant to be, it is almost like cream and jam on a delicious buttery scone. To get that scone recipe
It is just South African to use bakers’ Tennis biscuits to make peppermint crisp tart. If you can, I would recommend using the baker’s tennis biscuits to make this recipe, however, if you cannot, try using a coconut-flavoured biscuit.
peppermint crisp tart recipe
- 4 small glass cups
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 can (360g) caramel treat
- 160 grams tennis biscuits
- 50 grams peppermint crisp chocolate chopped
- Using a hand mixer and in a large bowl, whip your fresh cream on medium speed. Be careful not to curdle your cream.
- Add your caramel treat and your chocolate to the whipped cream and fold it generously.
- In a separate bowl crush the tennis biscuits. You can use a food processor for this step. Do this for your chocolate as well.
- Lastly, layer your tart in four different ramekins, start off by putting a tablespoon of the biscuit mixture then add 2 tablespoons of the cream mixture. Continue this process until your ramekins are full.
- Place your tarts in the deep freezer for about 30 minutes.Enjoy
- freeze your fridge tart for about 2 hours to give it a delicious homemade ice cream texture.
- When whisking your fresh cream, make sure you do not curdle it ( over-whip), or else it will become butter. You know your cream is done when it is firm and has the consistency of whipped cream.
- Mix your caramel treat up first before folding it in your fresh cream because most times the treat comes separated.
Welcome to my slice of heaven, a place designed for YOU to grow confidence in making delicious food.
This is the best fluffy buttermilk flapjack recipe there is out there! Best part is that these are ready in 30 minutes. These flapjacks are fluffy, light and delicious pancakes are perfect for sweet breakfasts or just a sweet craving. You will love these.
This is a South African soft inkomazi scone recipe that is delicious and makes soft amasi dikuku. Perfect for when you feel like making a comforting treat that reminds you of home. You will love this amasi scone recipe, it is super easy to follow and requires ingredients like flour, eggs and amasi which are ingredients that are common in many South African homes.
This is the best pannekoek recipe that is easy to make and absolutely delicious. It comes with a delicious cinnamon sugar dressing that makes it an indulgent treat