easy bbq baked chicken drumsticks recipe
The secret to perfectly crispy drumsticks
Essential ingredients and seasonings for flavorful drumsticks
Tips for achieving a crispy skin and juicy baked chickenTo achieve a perfectly crispy skin and juicy meat, follow these tips:
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet: Leave enough space between the drumsticks to allow for even cooking and browning.
- Avoid flipping the drumsticks too often: Flipping the drumsticks too often can prevent the skin from becoming crispy. Instead, flip them once halfway through the cooking time.
- Let them rest: After removing the drumsticks from the oven, let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender and flavorful meat.
baked chicken drumsticks recipe
- 6 chicken drumsticks with slight incisions in them
bbq sauce ingredients
- 1 Finely chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mixed herb
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 1 tbsp chicken spice
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- Prepare the chicken drumsticks
- Start off by preparing your chicken drumsticks by making slight incisions on the fleshier side, look at the allocated picture for reference.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees on bake and grill
Make the chicken marinade
- In a medium bowl, add the tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, honey, chicken spice, paprika, and mixed herb
- In a medium pan, melt the salted butter.
- Add the crushed garlic as well as the finely chopped onion to the melted butter and fry until the onions turn golden brown.
- Once the onions are cooked add the tomato and spice marinade to the onions and cook the sauce for five minutes, stirring continuously. Add a splash of water to the pan just to loosen the sauce and add salt for taste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the bbq sauce to the chicken, making sure that it covers every part of each piece.
- Place the chicken onto a grilling tray, and bake and grill for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy the chicken with your favourite side dish.
Common mistakes to avoid when baking drumsticksWhile oven baking chicken drumsticks is a relatively simple process, there are a few common mistakes that can affect the final result. Here are some mistakes to avoid:
- Overcrowding the baking sheet: Overcrowding the baking sheet can prevent the drumsticks from browning evenly. Leave enough space between them for optimal results.
- Not preheating the oven: Preheating the oven is essential to achieve a crispy skin. Don’t forget this step!
- Overcooking the drumsticks: Overcooking can result in dry and tough meat. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the drumsticks are cooked to perfection. If you do not have one, have make sure cook the chicken for exactly 20 minutes on bake and grill at 200 degrees celsius.
Ready to try this mouthwatering lemon coconut cake recipe? Gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let us get baking! Your friends and family will be delighted by this refreshing treat. Share your baking adventures with us in the comments below
An apple turnover is a delightful pastry that offers a heavenly blend of flavors. Imagine biting into a flaky, golden crust that crumbles with each bite, revealing a warm and tangy apple filling. The mix of sweet and tart notes will dance on your taste buds, providing a comforting and satisfying experience. It’s like a cozy autumn evening in a single dessert.
Indulge in Cafe-Quality Mocha Macchiato: A Must-Try Recipe for Coffee Shop Lovers
This pure maple syrup coffee recipe is delicious and can be whipped in a matter of minutes without the need for an espresso machine or traditional milk frother
Serving suggestions and side dishes that complement oven baked drumsticksOven baked chicken drumsticks are incredibly versatile and can be served with a variety of side dishes to create a complete and satisfying meal. Here are a few serving suggestions and side dish ideas:
- creamed spinach: Creamy spinach is a delicious and indulgent side dish that combines the earthy flavor of fresh spinach with the rich and velvety texture of a creamy sauce. It is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with the perfect seven colour dish.
- Crispy baked corn: Serve your drumsticks with a Greek salad, tzatziki sauce, and warm pita bread for a fresh and vibrant meal.
- Three bean salad: This three bean salad recipe is sweet and fits perfectly into your Sunday kos meal. The sweet chutney used in this salad makes the difference, making a delicious three bean salad with carrots.