easy moist banana Nutella muffins (nutella swirl muffins)
When it comes to indulgent treats, there’s nothing quite like the combination of Nutella and bananas. These two ingredients complement each other perfectly, creating a flavor combination that is simply irresistible. And what better way to enjoy this delicious duo than in the form of mouthwatering muffins? Banana Nutella muffins are the ultimate treat for any time of day. In this article, we’ll delve into the difference that Nutella and bananas make in muffins, explore the ingredients you’ll need to create these delectable treats, discuss the equipment required, and provide some helpful tips for making the perfect Nutella muffins.
The Difference Nutella and Bananas Make in Muffins
Unlike the normal banana bread recipe, adding Nutella and bananas to muffins takes them from ordinary to extraordinary. The rich and creamy Nutella adds a deep chocolate-hazelnut flavor to the muffins, while the bananas provide a natural sweetness and a moist texture. Together, these ingredients create a taste sensation that is out of this world. The combination of Nutella and bananas elevates the muffins to a whole new level, making them a decadent treat that will satisfy even the most discerning sweet tooth.
Ingredients Needed to Make Banana Nutella Muffins (and Reasons)
To make banana Nutella muffins, you’ll need a handful of simple ingredients that are likely already in your pantry. Here’s what you’ll need:
All-purpose flour: This forms the base of the muffins and provides structure.
Baking powder: This leavening agent helps the muffins rise and become light and fluffy.
Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the flavors and balances the sweetness.
Ripe bananas: Use overripe bananas for the best flavor and natural sweetness.
Sugar: Granulated sugar adds sweetness to the muffins.
Unsalted butter: Butter adds richness and moisture to the muffins.
Eggs: Eggs act as a binding agent and add moisture to the muffins.
Vanilla extract: This adds a hint of warmth and enhances the overall flavor.
Nutella: The star of the show, Nutella adds a luscious chocolate-hazelnut flavor to the muffins.
Milk: Milk helps create a tender crumb and adds moisture to the muffin batter.
By combining these ingredients, you’ll create a muffin batter that is bursting with flavor and has the perfect balance of sweetness and richness.
Equipment Needed for banana nutella muffins
To make banana Nutella muffins, you’ll need a few basic kitchen tools. Here’s what you’ll need:
Mixing bowls: Use large mixing bowls to combine the dry and wet ingredients separately before combining them.
Whisk: A whisk is essential for thoroughly combining the wet ingredients.
Measuring cups and spoons: Accurate measurements are crucial for baking, so make sure you have a set of measuring cups and spoons on hand.
Muffin tin: A standard 12-cup muffin tin is needed to bake the muffins.
Muffin liners: These help prevent the muffins from sticking to the pan and make for easy cleanup.
Cooling rack: A cooling rack allows the muffins to cool evenly and helps prevent them from becoming soggy.
The step-by-step guide to making these irresistible banana nutella muffins
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius on bake. This step is crucial to ensure that your banana nutella muffins bake evenly and come out perfectly golden brown. In a large bowl, combine your mashed bananas, vanilla essence, eggs, and melted butter. Take a moment to appreciate the sweet aroma that fills the air as these ingredients meld together in perfect harmony.
Next, it’s time to add some tangy goodness to the mix. Add a splash of vinegar, a dollop of yogurt, and a sprinkle of sugar to the wet ingredients. Give everything a good stir until it’s well incorporated. The combination of these ingredients will add moisture and tenderness to your muffins, making them irresistibly soft and fluffy.
In a separate bowl, whisk together your baking soda, salt, and flour. This dry mixture will provide the structure for your muffins, giving them just the right amount of crumb while still maintaining their lightness.
Gradually add the dry mixture to the banana mixture, being sure to mix well after each addition. You don’t want any lumps lurking in your batter!
Now comes the moment we’ve all been waiting for – the nutella swirl! Place equal amounts of batter into each cupcake holder, then add a teaspoon of nutella on top. Use a toothpick to gently swirl the nutella into the cupcake batter, creating beautiful marbled patterns that will make your muffins look like edible works of art.
Pop those muffin-filled cups into the preheated oven and let them work their magic for about 40 minutes. As they bake, your kitchen will be filled with an intoxicating aroma that will have everyone eagerly anticipating the delicious treat that awaits. Once they’re golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, you’ll know they’re done.
Allow your banana nutella swirl muffins to cool slightly before indulging in their gooey decadence. Serve them warm with a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top or enjoy them as they are – either way, you’re in for a delightful treat that combines nostalgic flavors with irresistible charm.
Tips for Making the Perfect Nutella Muffins
While making Nutella muffins with a banana twist is relatively straightforward, there are a few tips and tricks that can help you achieve perfection. Here are some tips for making the perfect Nutella muffins:
- Use overripe bananas: Overripe bananas are sweeter and have a more pronounced flavor, making them ideal for muffins.
- Mash the bananas well: Make sure to mash the bananas thoroughly to ensure they are evenly distributed throughout the muffins.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing can lead to dense and tough muffins. Mix the batter until just combined to achieve a tender texture.
- Swirl the Nutella: To create a beautiful marbled effect, swirl the Nutella into the muffin batter using a toothpick or skewer.
- Fill the muffin liners properly: Fill each muffin liner about three-quarters full to allow room for the muffins to rise.
- Use an ice cream scoop: An ice cream scoop is the perfect tool for portioning out the muffin batter evenly.
- Allow the muffins to cool: Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to baking the perfect batch of Nutella muffins with a delicious banana twist.
Storing and Serving Nutella Muffins with Bananas
Once your delicious Nutella muffins are baked, you’ll want to know how to store and serve them properly. Here’s what you need to know:
- Storing: To keep the muffins fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. If you need to store them for longer, you can refrigerate them for up to a week.
- Freezing: If you want to enjoy these muffins at a later date, they freeze exceptionally well. Simply place them in a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze for up to three months.
- Serving: Nutella muffins with a banana twist can be enjoyed at any time of day. They make a delicious breakfast or brunch treat, and they’re also perfect for an afternoon snack or dessert. Serve them warm or at room temperature for the best flavor.
Whether you enjoy them on their own or with a cup of coffee or tea, Nutella muffins with a banana twist are sure to delight your taste buds.
How to Freeze Banana Nutella Muffins
Freezing banana Nutella muffins is a great way to have a delicious treat on hand whenever the craving strikes. Here’s how to freeze them properly:
- Allow the muffins to cool completely.
- Place the muffins in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze the muffins for about two hours or until they are firm.
- Once the muffins are frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag.
- Label the container with the date and contents.
- Place the container in the freezer and store for up to three months.
When you’re ready to enjoy a muffin, simply thaw it at room temperature or warm it in the microwave for a few seconds. Freezing these muffins is a convenient way to have a homemade treat ready whenever you need a quick pick-me-up.
Welcome to my slice of heaven, a place designed for YOU to grow confidence in making delicious food.
Ready to try this mouthwatering lemon coconut cake recipe? Gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let us get baking! Your friends and family will be delighted by this refreshing treat. Share your baking adventures with us in the comments below
An apple turnover is a delightful pastry that offers a heavenly blend of flavors. Imagine biting into a flaky, golden crust that crumbles with each bite, revealing a warm and tangy apple filling. The mix of sweet and tart notes will dance on your taste buds, providing a comforting and satisfying experience. It’s like a cozy autumn evening in a single dessert.
Indulge in Cafe-Quality Mocha Macchiato: A Must-Try Recipe for Coffee Shop Lovers
This pure maple syrup coffee recipe is delicious and can be whipped in a matter of minutes without the need for an espresso machine or traditional milk frother
Indulge in a delicious treat with our oat milk coffee recipe that’s perfect for all the iced coffee lovers out there. This creamy iced oat milk latte is absolutely delicious.
This fluffy pancakes recipe is a Mcdonald’s copycat recipe that makes a delicious breakfast. The pancake batter requires simple ingredients making it the best!
This is a South African soft inkomazi scone recipe that is delicious and makes soft amasi dikuku. Perfect for when you feel like making a comforting treat that reminds you of home. You will love this amasi scone recipe, it is super easy to follow and requires ingredients like flour, eggs and amasi which are ingredients that are common in many South African homes.
This is the best pannekoek recipe that is easy to make and absolutely delicious. It comes with a delicious cinnamon sugar dressing that makes it an indulgent treat
This easy vetkoek recipe is the best magwinya recipe out there. It produces vetkoek that are soft on the inside and crispy on the out. This South African favorite is the ultimate comfort food for cold and cloudy days.
This is the most tender, moist and fluffy lemon poppy seed sweet rolls recipe. It is filled with rich ingredients like butter, buttercream and eggs to give it the perfect texture of a moist and sweet roll with lemon curd.
This step by step peppermint crisp tart recipe teaches you how to make mini peppermint crisp tarts that are perfect for any occasion. This South African peppermint crisp tart recipe is super sumptuous and packed with goodness. You will love this South African favorite!
This is a moist banana bread recipe that uses ingredients like overripe bananas and buttermilk to ensure that you get the best moist banana bread recipe.
banana nutella muffins recipe
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cups unsalted butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon vinegar
- ½ cup plain full cream yogurt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 60 ml Nutella 1 tsp of Nutella filling per cupcake
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius on bake
- In a large bowl, add your mashed bananas, vanilla essence, eggs, and melted butter. Mix this well until everything is combined.
- Add your vinegar, yogurt, and sugar to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk your baking soda, salt, and flour until it is well combined.
- Add your flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix well, making sure your mixture has no lumps.
- Line your cupcake tray with cupcake cups.
- Add a ¼ cup of batter into each cup, making sure to never overfill the cups.
- Lastly, add a teaspoon of Nutella into each cup.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes until the batter has risen and is cooked through.
- Serve the muffins with a smear of nutella and enjoy.